Friday, October 5, 2007

How Deep Is The Water?

Over heard from the radio station as I was driving to work one day, "How far would you go beyond your comfor zone? Would you leave your secured 9 to 5 job and venture into some business?" The radio DJ that morning was asking people to call in and spill their mind on just how far they are willing to take risk. Among the many callers expressing their opinions, I could easily recall what this particular guy said, "My mum used to tell me, if you want to know how deep the water is, you have to wet your feet." I thought that basically sum up how we handle situation involving uncertainities, how far we are willing to go. If we are willing to wade into the water, we will soon discover the depth of the water. While many are onlookers, envious or even jealous of others who have taken the path to venture out, and so to speak "taste the water", many have taken the plunge to get themselves all wet al over, struggle to keep afloat and in the process learn to swim and stay afloat. The spirt is: "I rather drown trying". Hey, I think mothers know better, right?

No comments: