Friday, October 5, 2007
Saturday, September 1, 2007
I woke up one morning and lock on bluepulse, there it is a message from ArleneW whose messages are always inspirational. The questions popped up my mind immediately are,
- Do I have a moment for myself?
- Am I always busy with something?
- When can I be still and calm?"
Perhaps, this is the MOMENT!
Here it is from ArleneW:
- This moment is pure magic. Though it may seem completely ordinary and without distinction, this moment is surely a miracle. For in this moment, every possibility exists. Right now, in this very moment, you can act to make a difference in your own life, and you can truly change the world.
- Though you see no mystical vapour and hear no mysterious voices, this moment is as intensely magical as they come. For the real magic of living is not in strange, explained visions, but in the beautiful essence of your being.
- You are here and you are now. You can think and feel. You can love and understand. You can experience and you can do.
- What could possibly be more magical than that? In this ordinary, everyday moment the profound and exquisite magic of living is yours.
- Choose wisely from the vast array of possibilities that have opened up to you in this moment. And live the magic that is here right now.
God won't ask you these on THAT DAY:
- God won't ask what kind of car you drove. He'll ask how many people you drove who didn't have transportation.
- God won't ask the square footage of your house, He'll ask how many people you welcomed into your home.
- God won't ask about the clothes you had in your closet, He'll ask how many you helped to clothe.
- God won't ask what your highest salary was. He'll ask if you compromised your character to obtain it.
- God won't ask what your job title was. He'll ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.
- God won't ask how many friends you had. He'll ask how many people to whom you were a friend.
- God won't ask in what neighborhood you lived, He'll ask how you treated your neighbors.
- God won't ask about the color of your skin, He'll ask about the content of your character.
- God won't ask why it took you so long to seek Salvation. He'll lovingly take you to your mansion in heaven, and not to the gates of Hell.
Here are some of the great inspirations shared by my bluepulse friends:
Once, all villagers decided to pray for rain. On the day of prayer all people gathered and only one boy came with an umbrella, that’s CONFIDENCE
Trust should be like the feeling of a year old boy when you throw him in the air, he laughs…. Because he knows you will catch him; that’s TRUST
Every night we go to bed, we have no assurance to get up alive the next morning but still we have plans for the coming day, that’s HOPE.
Have CONFIDENCE, TRUST & never lost HOPE
Courage is the discovery that you may not win and trying when you know you can lose!
A the tree planted by the riverside does not whither instead it brings out its fruit normal time so also you shall continue to be fruitful and you will not whither away - The Bible
“Live with no excuses and love with no regrets, when life gives you a 100 reasons to cry, show them that you have a 1000 reasons to smile.”
Once a human being has arrived on this earth, communication is the largest single factor determining what kinds of relationships he makes with others and what happens to him in the world about him” – Virginia Satir
How do you typically communicate? Is it through words, gestures, emotions, thoughts, desires, needs, truths, direct perception or intuition? Do you focus more on the other person or on yourself? Do you typically tell, ask or listen?
“You must speak straight so that your words may go as sunlight to our hearts” – Cochise
We need people in our lives with whom we can be as open as possible. To have real conversation with people may seem like such a simple, obvious suggestion, but it involves courage and risk.” – Thomas Moore
Thursday, August 30, 2007
The man was stuck by the the apparent futility of the task. There were far too many starfish. Many of them were sure to perish. As he approached the person continued the task of picking up starfish one by one and throwing them into the surf.
As he came up to the person he said, "You must be crazy. There are thousands of miles of beach covered with starfish. You can't possibly make a difference."
The person looked at the man. He then stooped down and pick up one more starfish and threw it back into the ocean. He turned back to the man and said,
"It sure made a difference to that one!"
Pay It Forward
SkyQuestCom family around the world have joined together to "Pay It Forward" by helping those who cannot help themselves. They have chosen a home for kids with HIV/AIDS in Chennai, India. The name of the home is
"Shelter: Hope for Every One".
(You can play a part by follwing the link)